This weekend I sent out a plea to identify the wallpaper Meredith Heron used in her entryway. For lack of a better word, I kind of became obsessed with getting this information. What can I say, OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Decorating) struck again. I suffer from it quite frequently. This story could get long really fast so I'm going to try and bullet the highlights:
- Charmaine (My Best Friend Craig) sends me a link to Meredith's blog which identifies the paper as York.
- I search the entire York website with no luck.
- I call York and send them the image of the pattern. They are 95% sure it is not theirs.
- I call Meredith Heron design firm and leave a message with her Assistant.
- Within 10 minutes Meredith Heron emails me to say unfortunately the pattern was discontinued shortly after being installed (of course) but it came from Crown Wallpaper in Canada. She recommends I call them directly.
- I call Crown Wallpaper. They are investigating pattern status (ie whether a discontinued pattern can be resurrected.....highly unlikely).
- In the meantime, I forward Charmaine Meredith's email regarding the discontinuation with a big frowny face.
- I exchange emails back in forth with Meredith Heron about other options and how great the wallpaper looks in her house. She agrees and says it's one of the best patterns she has ever used. We get on short name basis. She signs her email "Mer". I sign mine "Bran". We are new BFFs (not really, she probably thinks I'm a stalker from the hills of TN).
- All of a sudden I receive an email from Charmaine with an eBay link to 2 double rolls of the over sized black and white fern print!!!! SHUT UP!! Yes, there it was on eBay just waiting for me to purchase it. Which I did in a matter of minutes of receiving Charmaine's email.
I owe Charmaine BIG TIME and the moral of this tale is to never give up. Persistance pays off!
I'm still on the hunt for a few more rolls but at least I have 2 double rolls. Surely I can find the perfect spot for it.