As part of the Sips and Styles blog hop hosted by the lovely Shannon from Wine Taste Girl, I am featuring Statement Necklaces for Spring. I've decide to break these up into 4 different fashion looks: Retro Girl, Mod/Uptown Girl, Classic Girl and Boho Chic Girl. The beauty of these looks are, you can go in just one direction or you can mix them up for a more eclectic style. Either way you can't go wrong.
Look #1: Retro Girl
Look #1: Retro Girl
To get this look, I recommend Geranium's Bauble Necklace. It comes in Mint, Black and Pantone's color pick for 2012, Tangerine. And just your luck, Wine Taste Girl sells them. You can order directly from her (only $44.95 which includes shipping). Mine is on the way!
Look #2: Mod/Uptown Girl
Kate Spade New York Octagonal Necklace is the one for you.
Look #3: Classic Girl
Max and Chloe's West Avenue Large Monogram Necklace in gold is a must. The picture above is a perfect example of how the looks can be mixed.
Look #4: Boho Chic Girl
Kendra Scott 'Danielle' Oval Pendant Necklace. The color choices are great and I love a long chain.
To finish up my Spring Bling and to start your weekend, I have a wonderful Strawberry Basil Sangria recipe to share with you.
•½ lb of fresh strawberries
•1 ounce of fresh whole basil leaves
•1 bottle of Cline Cellar's Cool Climate Chardonnay
•½ cup organic sugar
•1 cup of club soda
•1 cup of white grape juice
1. Trim and thinly slice the strawberries.
2. Slice and dice the apple into very small bits.
3. Score the basil leaves with a fork. Do this instead of cutting the leaves into strips so you will not choke on basil while trying to enjoy this drink. Simply just rub the basil leaves gently with a fork in order to release their flavor in the sangria.
4. Layer the fruit, sugar and basil in a large pitcher and let sit for about 10 minutes. This is just to let the sugar absorb the juices from the basil and the fruit. You'll see it turn a bit red.
5. Add the club soda first and then the remaining liquids. Stir well and serve.
I hope you enjoyed this segment of the Spring Sips and Styles blog hop. Please remember to visit the other bloggers and enter the contest by clicking on the Rafflecopter giveaway button below.
April 16th- Henning Love- Printed Denim and Gin and Tonics
April 18th- Her Late Night Cravings- Spring Shoes and Margaritas
April 20th- Wine Taste Girl- Pastels and Champagne Cocktails
a Rafflecopter giveaway